From Monday 8 May 2017 to Saturday 13 May 201708>13/05/2017
From Monday to Saturday, 15.00 & 20.00Flagey - Studio 4
By means of a video preselection, 70 candidates have been admitted to the first public round. As some of them have withdrawn, there are 68 cellists who will participate. We count 21 women and 47 men, representing 22 different nationalities
. Below you will find their order of appearance, determined by drawing of lots on Friday the 5th of May, and an overview of their nationalities :
- schedule of the first round (pdf)
- nationalities of the 68 candidates (pdf)Find out more about them on their personal pages on our website !
Each candidate will perform the following programme
- the first movement of Eugène Ysaÿe
’s Solo Cello Sonata
- a sonata by Luigi Boccherini
, accompanied by another cello,
- a work with piano accompaniment, to be chosen from among the following:
° the first movement of Franz Schubert
’s Sonata in A minor
, ‘Arpeggione’, D821;
° two pieces from Robert Schumann
’s Fünf Stücke im Volkston
, Op. 102;
° Antonín Dvořák
, Op. 94;
° Felix Mendelssohn
’s Variations concertantes
, Op. 17.
The names of the 24 semi-finalists will be announced on Saturday 13 May around midnight.Partner event : EKHO#2
10>20/05/2017 at Flagey : Two exhibitions
- The Belgian School of Cello Playing
- An Illustrated History of the Cello
More information on www.ekho-violins.com.
In the activities below you will find the choice of programme of each candidate.